Wednesday 9 November 2011

Elle me dit

Here's Mika's first French single, entitled "Elle me dit":


I'm sure many of us here has heard of his song Grace Kelly. It's another fun, light-hearted song that gets him sailing breeze-like past his falsetto, and back down. It's nice, actually! just not my cup of tea. All the while I thought he was an English-only singer, but, well, this song proved me wrong.

"Elle me dit" means "She tells me" in French. When I first heard the song, and read the lyrics, I thought it was a song about a naggy girlfriend. After all, the chorus goes "pourquoi tu gâches ta vie", very much like an irritating hoe trying to change her boyfriend's direction in life.

I was wrong though! In his life performance, he said that "it's about all the horrific things a mother could say to her son to get him to fuck out of her house".

Whatever the meaning behind it, it doesn't really matter. This song is great. It has a very colourful melody to it, light-hearted lyrics, accompanied by a dynamic beat. It has so many flavours to it, it's actually hard not to like it! ;)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME BLOG BRO! LOVE YOUR FRENCH AND STUFF! REALLY HELPS ME ALOT! MERCI BOCEAUX!

    ReplyDelete